Ann Lee is Senior Counsel at Hamburg, Karic, Edwards & Martin LLP. Ann has over 20 years of experience in business and real estate litigation, helping clients across industries resolve disputes, assess risks and achieve their desired outcomes.
In 2015, Ann’s interest in the significant ways technology was changing business led her to obtain a CIPP/US privacy certification. Since then, Ann has advised media and technology companies on data privacy and security issues. Ann believes every business, if not now then in the near future, will use data to grow its business. Data is a valuable commodity, but it can become a material liability if not properly collected, processed and stored.
When not in the office, Ann spends her weekends traveling to swimming pools throughout Southern California to cheer for her daughter at her competitive swim meets.
- Data Privacy and Security Law
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Cornell Law, JD, 1992
- University of California, Berkeley, BA, 1989
- California Bar, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1992
Representative Experience and Cases
- Successfully prosecuted UDRP complaints to recover domain names of celebrity-business partners before WIPO in Geneva; assisted with trademark registrations, DMCA notices and other intellectual property issues.
Professional and Civic Activities and Honors
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), 2015-Current
- Data Privacy, Today’s General Counsel Institute, 2017
- “Protect Privileged Data, or Pay the Price,” Daily Journal, 2017