Gregg Martin is a founding partner of Hamburg, Karic, Edwards & Martin LLP, having started the firm with Sid Hamburg and Barry Edwards in 1995. Prior to forming the firm, and after completing a one-year judicial clerkship at the Arizona Supreme Court, Gregg spent seven years as an associate counsel for a mid-size real estate and business litigation boutique firm in Century City where he received substantial experience and training.
Since its founding over 23 years ago, Gregg has personified Hamburg, Karic, Edwards & Martin LLP’s emphasis on using common-sense when handling and resolving complex legal matters and litigation for the firm’s clients. Gregg takes great pride in understanding the clients’ goals and thinking creatively when assisting them in meeting their business challenges.
Gregg also has a long history of repeatedly delivering favorable outcomes to his clients. Gregg has personally tried and won numerous jury/judge trials and arbitrations. He has handled multiple appellate matters along the way as well. He has participated in many mediations and successfully negotiated numerous settlements.
From pre-litigation consultation and pre-trial strategy to judge/jury trials, mediation, arbitrations and appeals, Gregg seeks to add more than just technical expertise to solving his clients’ matters. He helps his clients imagine their future every step of the way and assists them in determining the path that is most likely to lead to their preferred outcome. He does this through not only his substantial experience in handling a wide variety of business and real estate disputes at all stages but also by thinking broadly and holistically. His approach enables our clients to feel that civil disputes are simply another type of business problem that they are perfectly capable of navigating.
His deep commitment to life-long learning continually shapes Greg’s approach to being a successful lawyer. Outside of Hamburg, Karic, Edwards & Martin LLP, Gregg is a Trustee for the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, where he sits on the Board of Trustee’s Executive Committee and chairs or co-chairs various subcommittees related to research and collections, advancement, board affairs and other matters.
Gregg is an avid reader. He often shares books and articles with his network, spanning topics including public interest, entertainment, philosophy, scientific advancement and history. While Hamburg, Karic, Edwards & Martin LLP’s clients seek out Gregg’s advice as a legal problem solver, they also enjoy and value Gregg’s interest in them and the world around us. His personal touch and curiosity about people are welcome additions to his expertise in dealing with complex legal matters.
When not working or reading, Gregg spends his time with his wife, Lisa, a residential real estate agent, and their three kids, Maxwell, Jackson and Sophia discussing sports, culture, art, movies, politics and food. They live in the Westside of Los Angeles with their dogs, Winston (a beagle) and Lucy (a pug).
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions & Litigation
- Corporate, LLC, Partnership Law & Disputes
- Business Torts
- Unfair Competition Claims
- Contract Disputes
- Trade Secret Disputes
- Loyola University of Los Angeles Law School, JD, 1987
- Scott Moot Court Honors Board
- Scott Moot Court National Team
- University of California, Los Angeles, BA Economics & Philosophy, 1984
- California Bar, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Central and Southern Districts of California, 1988
Professional and Civic Activities and Honors
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Super Lawyers 2009-2019
- Real Evidence for the Trial Practitioner, Lorman Education Services, 2003
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles, Trustee, 2010-Present
- UCLA Operation Mend, Buddy Family, 2009-Present
- Real Estate and Construction Division, Jewish Federation of Los Angeles, Past Cabinet Member
- Guardians of the Jewish Home for the Aging
- Aviva Family & Children Services, Past Board Member
- Real Estate Executive Committee of the Beverly Hills Bar Association